Congratulations, it’s new door day! The day has finally come for your door installation, where you will swap your old, outdated doors for new and improved ones. Before we come, there are a few things that you need to do to prepare to ensure the installation goes as smoothly as possible.
Prepare a workspace
- A dry area should be made available to setup a workstation. Usually, the garage is best as we will need to prepare your doors for installation. Your doors will need to be adjusted to fit the space and this produces an amount of sawdust, so please remove all vehicles from the garage. Make sure power is accessible and working.
Remove the cars and clear the driveway
- Please pull any vehicles out of the garage before the installers arrive to save time and remove anything of real value stored in the garage. Your garage door is going to be open to the outdoors during the entire installation process.
- Keeping your driveway free for our installer to park on is greatly appreciated. This will ensure they can perform their job unimpeded.
- Make sure the garage is secured – In this case “secured” means to make sure neither children nor pets will be anywhere near the garage or installation area. Doors can weigh a lot and the various components needed to fit the door are heavy, sharp, and potentially dangerous. It is imperative for the safety of all concerned that children and pets be kept at a safe distance until the installation is complete.
Clear a path
- Ensure there is a clear path from the garage to the point of installation. Sometimes doors will need to be adjusted several times, so this will make the job a hundred times easier! Make sure the path is as clear and obstacle free as possible. This includes taking down art and removing anything of value from the walkway.
Keep the bin handy!
- We will require a place to dispose of the waste materials from your door installation. Ensure a bin is available for use.
- If you wish to remove your old doors from site, we can dispose of them for a small fee.
Think about where you want the handles and locks positioned
- Determine where your preferred location for hardware is to be fitted on your doors. Our installer can offer guidance too. This will be based on current Australian standards.
At the finish line
- Once your doors are in place our installer will tidy the workspace and will walk through the installation and demonstrate how to operate your new handles, locks and answer any questions.
- Have any questions? Simply call us or get in touch. We look forward to your Doors Apart installation and thank you in advance for choosing us.